IGN has a cool interview up with DC Direct’s Georg Brewer, about what sorts of figures will be coming out during the upcoming Green Lantern megaevent, Blackest Night. A highlight:
I always love when we work on project with Geoff. Not only is he a great storyteller, but he is a huge toy collector as well, so his insight and participation always makes things better. We run as much by him as is practical, from selecting the figures, to writing the copy, and he is a great collaborator. Out of our brainstorming sessions sometimes cool ideas come up that he then can support or play with in the story as it unfolds.
I found that to be particularly interesting — that the toys and licensed products might actually give back to the story side of the equation. But then again, I’ve heard of editors and artists occasionally looking at toys and statues for reference (because seriously, how many of us know how to draw ’80s Nightwing’s back without reference?), so maybe I’ve just been underestimating toys all this time!
In addition, Brewer announced the list for the upcoming waves of figures that will come out soon:
- Black Lantern Earth-2 Superman 6.5″
- Alpha Lantern Boodika with removable face plate 6.75″
- Blue Lantern Saint Walker with power battery 7.5″
- Atrocitus with power battery 7.25″
- Black Lantern Martian Manhunter 7″
- Green Lantern John Stewart with power battery 6.75″
- Indigo with Power battery 7″
- Kryb with removable back cage that stores 2 alien children 7″
- Black Lantern Aquaman 6.75″
- Green Lantern Arisia with power battery 6.5″
- Star Sapphire with power battery 6.625″
- Larfleeze The Orange Lantern with Glomulus and power battery 7″ GLOMULUS is 2.375″
- Black Lantern Firestorm 6.75″ to top of head (helmet increases height)
- Green Lantern Kyle Rayner with power battery 6.75″
- Black Hand with Batman skull 6.75″
- Wonder Woman 6.625″ to top of head (hair increases height)
Brewer mentioned that figures for Hal Jordan and Sinestro would not be forthcoming, only because they have had their own figures released fairly recently.