– Artist Shepard Fairey, who designed the “Hope” Obama poster, tells Boing Boing he’s pleased as punch to have his work parodied by Mad Magazine: “I consider a high point in my career for pop culture recognition.”
– Doug Wolk looks at Bill Willingham’s upcoming plans for Fables, which include a prose novel.
– Bookslut talks to Phoebe Gloeckner.
– I hadn’t heard about this — cartoonist Carol Lay has a book coming out entitled The Big Skinny, about her lifelong battle with her weight. Wendy Werris has more details.
– Geeknerd’s annual Halloween Costume Bingo is up.
– Frank Santoro takes a look at the new Bat-Manga! collection and declares it good.
– Kristy Valenti takes time to remember the 1986 graphic novel Greenberg the Vampire, one of Marvel’s early entries into the graphic novel market.
– Noah Berlatsky thinks superhero comics are at their best when they don’t take themselves too seriously.