• Stephen Chow will make his American directorial debut on Seth Rogen’s The Green Hornet, and co-star as Kato. Chow has directed five feature films, including Kung Fu Hustle and its sequel, which is now in production. “I’m excited to be taking on The Green Hornet — obviously I’ve been a huge fan of the show since I was a kid,” Chow says.
The movie is set to open on June 25, 2010. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• The legal battle between 20th Century Fox and Warner Bros. over Watchmen swirls around veteran producer Lawrence Gordon. [The New York Times]
• Uh, spoilers? Alessandra Stanley reviews tonight’s season-three premiere of NBC’s Heroes. [The New York Times]
• Photos from the set of Kick-Ass, with some comics-panel comparisons. [Slashfilm]
• Police in Kyoto, Japan, have charged a man with violating copyright law for illegally uploading the movie Wanted using P2P file-sharing software. The 33-year-old could face 10 years in prison and a fine of up to $96,154. [Variety]
• Frank Miller’s The Spirit gets into the guerrilla-marketing game. [FirstShowing.net]