– Missed it: Muriel Kubert, Joe Kubert’s wife and co-founder of the Joe Kubert School, passed away last week.
– Chamillionaire apparently is a Dark Knight fan … or at least likes the Joker.
– Frank Santoro explains his thoughts about photo-referencing a little better.
– Usagi Yojimbo creator Stan Sakai reports on a get together to remember artist Dave Stevens by the Comic Art Professional Society. “People brought Dave originals, about two dozen, that covered his history from Russ Manning assistant, to early Hanna Barbera days to The Rocketeer, to Raiders of the Lost Ark storyboards, to an oil painting done in his last few months,” Sakai writes. “There was an auction of three signed prints with the proceeds going to hairy cell leukemia research. The one signed by Dave and Bettie Page went for $1300.”
– Josh Howard makes the final two issues of Dead @ 17: The 13th Brother available for free on his website.
– Cool things to listen to: The Wiffenpoof Song.
– Apparently OhGreat! is a Barack Obama fan.
– Our own Carla Hoffman on building retail displays to attract women comic readers.
– Rob Zombie announces a Werewolf Women of the SS comic book. (You might remember Werewolf Women from Grindhouse; it was one of the trailers that played before the features).
Compiled by JK and Chris.