Technical difficulties at the end of last week means we’re left with a pileup of television- and movie-related items, so let’s just dive in.
• My list of Top ’80s Movies Ripe for Remake probably wouldn’t include Red Dawn – “Wolverines!” — or RoboCop. But then again, I don’t work for MGM. [The Hollywood Reporter]
• Despite Jon Favreau’s publicly expressed eagerness to direct another Iron Man movie, and Marvel’s announcement of a release date for the sequel, no one’s actually offered Favreau the job. Uh, Marvel? Have your people call his people. [Slashfilm]
• Rumor mill: James Vanderbilt (Scorpion) supposedly has turned in a working draft for a Maguire-less Spider-Man 4, written so that it could be filmed simultaneously with a fifth installment. [Cinematical]
• Go behind the scenes of Wanted with this video featurette. [Empire Online]
• Speaking of Wanted, Universal has launched a viral-marketing site called FraternityofWeavers.com. Enter the secret code “every life hangs by a thread” — one word per line — to open The Fraternity Bible and learn about the shadowy organization. [ComingSoon.net]
• If you watched television over the weekend, you may have noticed Universal started its big push for The Incredible Hulk, with three new commercials put into heavy rotation. Missed them? They’re available online, naturally.