• As you’ve likely already read, Iron Man grossed an estimated $104.2 million domestically and $201 million worldwide in its first five days. That makes it the second-best opening for a non-sequel, behind 2002′s Spider-Man. It also gives Iron Man the 10th-best opening of all time.
At this moment, in Hollywood, a Warner Bros. executive is wondering whether they can just forget about Justice League and the Superman sequel and take another run at Steel. Or maybe a Cyborg feature leading into that Teen Titans movie. Hell, what about the Rocket Red Brigade? A bunch of men in flying armor beats just one guy, right? Right?
• You’ve probably also seen that the sequel is scheduled to open on April 30, 2010, kicking off a summer that will include a Thor movie.
• What does the $100 million milestone mean for Iron Man and the blockbuster? [PopMatters]
• “Why Iron Man is like Steve Jobs.” [Slate]
• Iron Man and (probably) The Dark Knight are Oscar-worthy. [EW.com]
• Stan Lee talks about his Iron Man cameo. [Wired.com]
• Sabbath rules! The movie soundtrack hits stores on Tuesday. [Wired.com]