On this, the last day of the year, journalists and bloggers are still talking about 2007:
– Writing for LA City Beat, Natalie Nichols rounds up the year, noting the mingling of comics and television, the works of Brian K. Vaughan (including the ending of Y: The Last Man), Vertigo’s war comics, and the launch of DC’s Minx imprint.
– Steve Duin of the Portland Oregonian names his Top 10 comics, including Jeff Lemire’s Ghost Stories, Warren Ellis and Ben Templesmith’s Fell, and Shaun Tan’s The Arrival.
– Deb Aoki of About.com reveals her list of best new manga. Her top pick is one of my favorites of the year: Mushishi, by Yuki Urushibara.
– Blog@’s own Chris Mautner rattles off his favorites for the Harrisburg, Pa., Patriot-News.
– Blogger David Welsh looks at some of the top manga news stories of the year, and rounds up reviews of his favorite graphic novel of 2007, Fumiyo Kouno’s Town of Evening Calm, Country of Cherry Blossoms.
– Blogger Marc-Oliver Frisch lists nine comics he enjoyed this year.
– Blogger David Allen Jones, aka Johnny Bacardi, serves up his best of 2007.
– Blogger Robert J. Parizek breaks his best-of selections into categories, including Best Writer, Best New Series and Best Comic Book Event.
– Matthew Price of The Oklahoman names his 10 best monthly comics.
– Brainfreeze looks at 10 comics she enjoyed reading in 2007.