There’s been some cross-blog discussion recently of the Friends of Lulu Empowerment Fund, and a lot of misunderstanding exchanged in that discussion. FoL Boardmember Leigh Dragoon is offering a place to clear up the confusion:
Friends of Lulu Empowerment Fund – The Straight Dope
A lot of ire has been raised over the past couple of weeks in the Blog-o-Sphere concerning Friends of Lulu’s now defunct Empowerment Fund, a project which was spear-headed by former Friends of Lulu board member, Ronee Bourgeois. As a Friends of Lulu board member, I, like the other current board members, take the integrity of FOL very seriously. I have decided to attempt to address the issues which continue to be raised regarding the Empowerment Fund and the status of the contributions to that Fund. I have outlined the salient facts below:
1. Ronee announced the Empowerment Fund to the public without the agreement of the rest of the board.
2. Ronee is no longer in any way associated with Friends of Lulu.
3. The Empowerment Fund is a defunct concept which Friends of Lulu will no longer be pursuing.
4. I have examined the PayPal statements. There is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that Ronee misappropriated any funds. In fact, she donated funds.
5. We offered Fund contributors a refund period.
6. Money was spent ONLY on the Fund’s intended purpose: namely, to defray court costs for Taki Soma.
I will try my best to answer any questions left in the comments section of this post.
If there are any interested parties reading, she’s taking questions and answering them in her own livejournal.