Tony Stark, AKA Iron Man, wants you to believe that his work for the government’s recently enacted of a Super-human Registration Act, mobilizing registered superhumans in an effort to hunt down and jail those who refuse to give up their civil liberties, is noble and for the good of the country. Stark hides behind the banner of patriotism and responsible obligation.
But how well do you know your government appointed superhero?
Stark, American industrialist billionaire and military contractor, has long kept his identity secret from the world behind a veneer of gold, silver and scarlet armor. This barrier between the playboy CEO and the American people have allowed him to skew his perceptions of what is right and wrong, taking him down a road that includes alcoholism, sexism, recklessness and recently, cold blooded murder. Stark’s history as Iron Man has included the following list of crimes against humanity:
- In an attempt to stop other people from misusing his designs, Stark goes about disabling other armored heroes and villains who are using suits based on the Iron Man technology, the designs of which were stolen by his enemy Spymaster. He inadvertently causes the death of the Soviet Titanium Man and disabled the armor of SHIELD soldiers, defeating the government operative and Avenger known as Stingray in battle.
- Stark’s alcoholism has weakened his judgment; After discovering that SHIELD was buying a controlling interest in his company to ensure Stark’s continued weapons development for them, Stark let his defenses slip to the point that the Iron Man armor was taken over and used to murder a diplomat.
- Stark was forced to resign from his Presidential appointment to act as Secretary of Defense after a drunken tirade against the Latverian Ambassador at the United Nations.
- Under the protective banner of the Registration Act, Stark has gone on to commit atrocities against the American people that include the murder of Bill Foster, AKA Giant Man, and the willful and implicit recruitment of notorious supercriminals such as one Baron Helmut Zemo, progeny of Nazi War Criminal Baron Heinrich Zemo, guilty of crimes against the free world including the apparent murder of one James Buchanan Barnes, child sidekick of Sentinel of Liberty and War Hero, Captain America. Working with villains such as Zemo reveal Tony Stark, America’s respresentative for the Super-human Registration Act – a Fascist.
Tony Stark says he has America’s best interest at heart. But do we really want to live in an America that allows Alcoholic Nazi Child Killing Murderers to limit our civil freedoms?
Vote with your heart and your fists and oppose the Registration Act. Join the Secret Avengers and help remove Tony Stark from office and armor.
* Paid for by the Friends to Support Captain America