Some random facts about writer Ed Brubaker:
1. The “Ed” stands for Educated.
2. He has a tattoo of popular Marvel character Hawkeye on his chest, screaming “Not like this!”
3. He is taking the promotional campaign for his new creator-owned series “Criminal” to the fans:
It’s been a few weeks since the Criminal announcement went public, and a few days since the October solicit for issue 1 hit, and I’m still finding tons of people who haven’t seen the 5 page teaser Sean and I specially crafted to sell readers and retailers on this book, even though it was widely broadcast on newsarama and other places. So, I’m taking it to the people!
If you haven’t seen the teaser for Criminal, go download it at this link: http://www.edbrubaker.com/criminal/
And then, email it to everyone you know who likes good comics, and post the link on every message board you can find.
And, if you’re a true friend, print out a copy and bring it in to your local store to show your comics retailer, too. I’m going out big to retailers in the next few weeks, but having customers come in with the preview for them will make a HUGE difference. It’s a tough market right now for anything outside superheroes, and while I think we’ll do okay, better safe than sorry.
4. On popular internet pick-up site MySpace, he is the second most-often “Friended” person, behind that guy who was pretending to be Robert Crumb.
5. On weekends, he and Michael Lark fight crime in a talking car created by a mad scientist who grew up watching Knight Rider, under the names “Irn Bru and the Singin’ Lark”.
6. He may be about to write an email thanking me profusely for giving him the new nickname “Irn Bru,” even though that’s possibly a joke that only Scots will get.
(Note: Only one of these facts is true.)